Saturday, January 21, 2006

 

About walks...

Had another nice long walk home today.

The one I took occurred last Thursday nite in the wee hours of the morning. From Queenstown down Farrer, MacRitchie to home. Adventures/Encounters along the way included:

1) A bent-over old (wo)man like almost 180 degrees on the side of the road picking some weed, no shoes and all.
2) Rushing into the 24-hour Mac's along Farrer to pee oh so desperately!
3) Cutting across slip roads to highways and trekking along grass patches where the paths end
4) Encountering the same snail which I had kicked before. To discover that I had kicked it in the wrong direction! Poor thing.
5) Talking to 2 cats along the way. Poor babies... out in the cold all alone.
6) Running with my big heavy heavy bag along MacRitchie just to experience cross-country again. And also cos it's kinda scary. Geography of fear. And hearing random/continuous hissing sounds from the bushes.

But I made it home. Up the nice slope to my place. Where I imagined filming a video. And rested at the playground in solitude and peace before returning home.

It was a nice long walk with God watching over me. Great way to clear your mind and just be with God. The moon helped. =)Gave me encouragement in some sense. And good ole iPod tahan-ed even though it was on low batt. Worship songs help. Hee.


And for today's walk....

I walked home from Orchard, on impulse. Took me 3 hours... cos I took my time strolling and listening and singing to my ipod. (Well, not TO my ipod. You know what I mean... heh.) The beauty of walking alone at nite on the streets is that you kinda own the whole street... and you can sing, dance and play to your hearts' content! And there's no one to watch you and wonder if you had just escaped from Buangkok Green or something! *green*

Anyway, I met a Taiwanese couple on the way and showed them to Newton Hawker Centre. And for the crap of me, I couldn't think of what stingray was called in Mandarin!! So I resorted to describing it... literally a flat fish with a long long tail! Haha! But I told them that at the stall, of course they wouldn't see what I had just mentioned! Heh.

I'm thankful for such an opportunity and time to just walk home leisurely and peacefully. Nice weather too! But heavy bag again! Now topped up with badminton racket! Haha! But it was fun... cos I imagined being Rambo, a Commando, a Samurai, a Ninja, a farmer with a changkol, or just a normal woodcutter in olden times with a stick and a small bag attached at the end. Hee.

I stopped at the playground again. And this time I sat there and just talked and prayed to God. I love the peace and serenity at night!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?